Polar Heart Rate Monitor, FT1
*Available for domestic customers only.
Heart rate monitors (HRMs) are a great biofeedback tool for measuring your efficiency as you Body Sense slight adjustments in your running and walking form. We use and choose to sell the Polar brand because they’ve been making great heart rate monitors longer than any company out there.
The importance of a heart rate monitor in Chi Running and Chi Walking:
A heart rate monitor will help you measure (in heartbeats per minute) the effect that any of the Chi Running/Chi Walking form focuses might have on your performance and efficiency. It offers you an objective measurement of how hard your body is working when you run or walk. Being able to Body Sense whether you're going too fast, too slow, or just right is an important skill to have, especially on long training runs or in race conditions. HRMs are an excellent too to help you learn to associate your Perceived Rate of Exertion (PRE) and your heart rate.When training for any middle-to-long distance running event, monitoring your heart rate will keep you within a healthy and safe optimal training pace, and insure that you don't burn yourself out in the process or cause injury to your body.Read Danny's Blog, “Running with a Heart Rate Monitor” and Article, "Should I Monitor My Heart While Training?" on the benefits of using a heart rate monitor.
Need a HRM with more bells and whistles? Check out the Polar RS100.
*Polar's retail guidelines prevent us from selling and shipping HRMs to customers outside the United States. International Customers: Please see your local athletic supply store for ordering a HRM from Polar or another manufacturer.
Basic features of the FT1 HRM
- Automatic/Manual target zone (% / bpm / HRR%) - manual bpm
- Heart rate (displayed as bpm)
- HeartTouch™, button-free operation of wrist unit
- Manual target zone (% / bpm)
- Over-sized display
- Visual and audible alarm in target zones
- Water resistant - 50m
Polar exercise features
- Average heart rate of total exercise
- Exercise Date
- HR-based target zones with audible alarm
- HR-based target zones with visual alarm
- Maximum heart rate of total exercise
- Polar OwnCode® (5kHz)
- Wireless ECG accurate heart rate
- Average heart rate
- Exercise Time (total)
- Maximum heart rate
- Transmitter belt
T31 coded™ transmitter
- WearLink® 31 coded transmitter (changeable battery) - compatible
- Watch features
- Date and weekday indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm - w/o alarm